After many years in the banking industry, Mara Lesemann took an abrupt left turn to become a screenwriter and film producer. She’d never written creatively before, and had had no previous experience in the film industry. Now she’s got a feature film under her belt (you can watch it on Amazon or iTunes), and another in production.
So how DOES one suddenly go from a decades-long financial services career to a brand new life as an east coast mini-mogul?
Join me for a conversation with Mara Lesemann, writer and producer of SURVIVING FAMILY and the upcoming DETOURS.
Lots of great nuggets in this one, including:
- Finding the courage (and money) to do what you love.
- Working with distributors and aggregators.
- Gaming the theatrical release system.
- Recruiting talent with major motion picture experience.
- Handling publicity on a shoestring budget.
…and SO much more.
Resources discussed in this episode:
- The New School
- SURVIVING FAMILY on iTunes and Amazon.com
- SURVIVING FAMILY on IMDB
- Mara Lesemann on IMDB
- Laura Thies on IMDB