Are you a writer? Want to win $20,000 for your film script – and see it produced? Sure you do!
Jonathan Krimer is a Canadian filmmaker, writer, and photographer. He is also the founder of Writers and Filmmakers, a new and exciting model for film development and financing.
The Writers and Filmmakers site puts it succinctly:
Writers judge filmmakers.
Filmmakers judge scripts.
Winning script is shot by winning filmmaker.
We fund you to collaborate.
In this wide-ranging conversation, we discuss:
- The number one problem for filmmakers and writers
- The founding and funding of the Toronto Film Association
- The process of submitting and participating at Writers and Filmmakers
- The psychology of talent and self-delusion
- The pros and cons of piracy
- The impending collapse of Hollywood
- The future of film, and the eventual fate of theatrical distribution
- The challenge of staying creative while raising young children
- Jonathan’s current film project
- The sorry state of Einstein’s brain
Oh, and – here’s the link to the David Cronenberg article I mention at the end of the episode.